Manheim Township has won another Girls Tennis Team Championship, this time topping Conestoga Valley in the finals 4-0:
E. Garvin won 6-0, 6-0
A. Palandjian won 6-1, 6-2
S. Reynolds won 6-2, 6-1
Henneman & Martin won 6-0, 6-2
Honrade & Briner were leading 6-3, 2-2 when the championship was clinched.
Completed 2018 Girls Tennis Team Tournament Bracket
Early match times mean early results. It will an all section 1 final as Manheim Township Plays Conestoga Valley Wednesday 10/3 at Ephrata at 4 pm.
The Buckskins punched their ticket by beating Lancaster Catholic 3-2:
J. McBride won 7-5, 6-3
R. Eby won 6-4, 6-3
H. Kapchinske & K. Kochanowski won 6-1, 6-3
For the Crusaders
R. Smith won 6-1, 6-1
A. San Jose & K. Hollister won 6-4, 6-1
Manheim Township returns to the finals, sweeping Lampeter-Strasburg:
A. Palandjian won 6-4, 6-0
S. Reynolds won 6-1, 6-3
Honrade & Briner won 6-0, 6-0
E Garvin was leading 6-4, 4-3 and Henneman & Martin were up 2-0 when the win was secured.
The preliminary matches of the girls tennis team tournament are complete. Conestoga Valley and Lampeter-Strasburg are moving on.
Conestoga Valley beat Manheim Central 3-0:
J. McBride won 6-2, 6-2
R. Eby won 6-0, 6-1
H. Kapchinske & K. Kochanowski won 6-1, 6-2
Lampeter-Strasburg beat Lancaster Country Day 3-1
C. Capoferri won 6-0, 6-3
I. Brown won 6-1, 6-1
S. Stoltzfus & N Holmes won 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
For Lancaster Country Day, C. Gleiberman won 6-4, 7-5
The semifinals on October 2nd have been rearranged and moved indoors due to the threat of inclement weather:
Manheim Township will play Lampeter-Strasburg at noon at Racquet Club West.
Lancaster Catholic will play Conestoga Valley at 12:30 at Hempfield Rec.
With a knock on wood for continued good weather, the girls tennis post season gets underway Monday, October 1st with the newly reformatted team tournament. Section 2 Champion Lampeter-Strasburg will play Section 3 Runner Up Lancaster Country Day at Conestoga Valley and Section 1 Runner Up Conestoga Valley will play Section 2 Runner Up Manheim Central at Warwick. Both matches will start at 4. Awaiting the winners in the semifinals on October 2nd are Section 1 Champion Manheim Township and Section 3 Champion Lancaster Catholic, respectively. The finals will be October 3rd.
2018 Girls Tennis Team Tournament Bracket
The week of tennis continues on Thursday, October 5th with the start of the flight tournaments. Conestoga Valley will host Flight 1 AAA and Flight 1 AA as well as all of the Doubles matches. Manheim Central will host the first 2 rounds of Flight 2. Flight 3’s first 2 rounds will be at Warwick and Flight 4 at Ephrata.
Play continues on Saturday, October 7th, all matches at Conestoga Valley, with the finals slated for Monday, October 9th.
2018 Girls Tennis Flight Tournaments Brackets
Note: Brackets were corrected 2 pm 9/30
The Lancaster Lebanon League is looking to better “brand” itself and currently does not have an official logo. We would like to endorse an official logo and are reaching out to groups, schools and organizations for designs.
The Lancaster Lebanon League is composed of 26 school districts and 2 associate members. For more information, contact the league web site, l-lleague.com, or Amanda Howe at Pequea Valley High School.
Please submit logos to Amanda Howe digitally at Amanda_howe@pequeavalley.org or hard copy to her attention at Pequea Valley High School, PO Box 287, Kinzers, PA 17535.
The logo chosen will receive a $500 cash award. Contest deadline is November 1, 2018.
After evaluating the field conditions and looking at the radar the decision has been made to not play the LL Finals tonight. The contest will not be rescheduled.
- The next few days are predicted to be even worse than today.
- Both teams are highly ranked in Districts (# 1 and # 3) and have their first game on Tuesday, and trying to squeeze a game in Monday night before the District tourney is not preferred by either school.
- In accordance with PIAA rules, no practice or game can occur after a team’s last post-season game so delaying the game to June is not an option.
Due to all of these factors, the decision has been made to name Solanco and Donegal co-champions this year. Although this isn’t ideal, and the softball community would have loved to see that match-up, the risks of someone getting hurt or playing in adverse conditions trumps any reward that playing the game may provide.
Both Solanco and Donegal have had championship-worthy seasons so having them as co-champions seems fitting. Thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout this challenging week (and season).
Best of luck to everyone that qualified for Districts.
Semifinals for Boys Volleyball and Softball are complete.
On the court, Hempfield returned to the finals 3-0 (25-13, 25-14, 25-21) where they will face Manheim Central. The Barons also won 3-0 (26-24, 25-17, 25-23). The finals will be Wednesday, 5/16 at 7 pm at Manheim Township.
On the diamond, Solanco won 5-2 and Donegal 2-1 in a pair of great games. The finals will be Wednesday, at 7 at Warwick.
Here are the final results for the 2018 Lancaster-Lebanon League Track and Field Season
* League Meet Team Champions
New League Records set at the 2018 League Meet:
Girls 200 m Dash
Leah Graybill; 24.72, Warwick
Girls 3200 m Run
Jamie Zamrin; 10:51.76, Cocalico
Girls 1600 m Relay
Warwick; 3:57.06, Palacio-Lewis, Williamson, Quinn, Kline
Girls Pole Vault
Mackenzie Horn; 12′ 0″, Manheim Township
Boys 1600 m Relay
McCaskey; 3:21.17, Henry, Manning, Deleon, Del Rosario
Girls Event Results:
- 4×800 m Relay: McCaskey
- 100 m Hurdles: Jane Livingston (Conestoga Valley)
- 100 m Dash: Leah Graybill (Warwick)
- 1600 m Run: Katie Locker (Elizabethtown)
- 4×100 m Relay: Warwick
- 400 m Dash: Shayla Bonzelet (Cedar Crest)
- 300 m Hurdles: Leah Sassaman (Manheim Township)
- 800 m Run: Katie Locker (Elizabethtown)
- 200 m Dash: Leah Graybill (Warwick)
- 3200 m Run: Jamie Zamrin (Cocalico)
- 4×400 m Relay: Warwick
- Long Jump: Aviona Saunders (Conestoga Valley)
- High Jump: Brooke Gilbert (Penn Manor)
- Triple Jump: Juliette Delmotte (Warwick)
- Pole Vault: Mackenzie Horn (Manheim Township)
- Shot Put: Anna Cooney (Solanco)
- Discus: Hannah Woelfling (Cedar Crest)
- Javelin: Mackenzie Hainley (Cocalico)
Boys Event Results
- 4×800 m Relay: Ephrata
- 110 m Hurdles: Taraje Whitfield (Penn Manor)
- 100 m Dash: Ezra Mellinger (Lampeter-Strasburg)
- 1600 m Run: Nathan Grucelski (Conestoga Valley)
- 4×100 m Relay: McCaskey
- 400 m Dash: Leonel Del Rosario (McCaskey)
- 300 m Hurdles: Taraje Whitfield (Penn Manor)
- 800 m Run: Tyler Shue (Ephrata)
- 200 m Dash: Leonel Del Rosario (McCaskey)
- 3200 m Run: Andrew Foster (Ephrata)
- 4×400 m Relay: McCaskey
- Long Jump: Ezra Mellinger (Lampeter-Strasburg)
- High Jump: Elie Basenga (Ephrata)
- Triple Jump: Avery Walker (Donegal)
- Pole Vault: Carter Ryan (Manheim Central)
- Shot Put: Casey McCollum (Penn Manor)
- Discus: Brooks Bear (Donegal)
- Javelin: Alexander Scheivert (Penn Manor)
Full 2018 Results
Playing at 2 sites, all the games are completed for the softball quarterfinals.
Garden Spot beat Pequea Valley 12-9
Warwick beat Lampeter-Strasburg 6-2
Solanco beat Annville-Cleona 6-2
Donegal beat Penn Manor 4-3
Monday’s Semifinals at Warwick
Warwick vs Solanco at 5:30
Donegal vs Garden Spot at 7:30
Solanco is home team by virtue of being a section champion, Donegal is home team decided by a coin toss
Baseball got 3 of 4 games in prior to the evening’s storms. Lancaster Catholic vs Lampeter-Strasburg will be played Monday, 4/14 at 4 pm at Ephrata’s War Memorial Field.
Quarterfinal games that were completed:
Ephrata beat Annville Cleona 8-0
Cedar Crest beat Cocalico 6-2
Warwick beat Manheim Central 4-0
Tuesday’s Semifinals at Ephrata’s War Memorial Field
Ephrata vs Warwick, 4 pm (Ephrata is home team because they are section champions)
Cedar Crest plays the winner of Lancaster Catholic vs Lampeter-Strasburg at 7 pm
2018 Baseball Bracket
Section Champions won in their home gyms in the Boys Volleyball Quarterfinals, along with McCaskey and Warwick. Semifinals are Monday at Lancaster Mennonite:
Hempfield vs McCaskey at 6 pm
Manheim Central vs Warwick at 7:30 pm