Happy New Year!
LL League championship action presented by OAL kicks off on Friday, January 24th.
The 21st edition of the LL League Wrestling Championships gets things started, now hosted by Manheim Township. We are pleased to have Lancaster Alliance Wrestling back as the sponsor for the wrestling championships.
Wrestling starts at 4:30 p.m. Semifinals are slated for 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 25th, and championships at 3 p.m.
Swimming championships will be held at Wilson on Friday, February 7th at 7 p.m. Boys and Girls champions in the 200 Medley, 200 Freestyle, 200 IM, 50 Freestyle, 100 Butterfly, and 200 Freestyle Relay will be crowned.
More medals will come on Saturday, February 8th at 5 p.m.: 100 Freestyle, 500 Freestyle, 100 Backstroke, 100 Breaststroke and 400 Freestyle Relay.
Rifle championships return to Conestoga Valley on Saturday, February 8th at 9 a.m.
Bowling team championship will be decided across two days, with quarterfinals Monday, February 10th at Palmyra Lanes, followed by Semifinals. The finals are Tuesday, February 11th at Palmyra Lanes, 4 p.m. After a day’s rest, singles championships start with the Boys on Thursday, February 13th at Clearview Lanes at 9 a.m. Girls go on Friday, February 14th at Dutch Lanes at 9 a.m.
Dr. Gish of OAL was on Fox 43 this weekend with some timely tips about injury prevention for the winter sports season:
FOX43 Sunday Sitdown: Winter sports injury prevention
Congratulations to the 2019 LL League Football Section Champions, presented by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster. The three champions had 1 league loss between them.
Section 1: Manheim Township (undefeated regular season)
Section 2: Manheim Central (undefeated league season)
Section 3: Lancaster Catholic
Check out the Football History Page for the full list of section champions over the years.
Good luck to all of the LL District 3 qualifiers!
Quarterfinals are Friday, 10/18 hosted by Section 1 and Section 3 champions.
At Section 1 Champion Hempfield:
- Garden Spot vs Octorara at 5:30 p.m.
- Hempfield vs Ephrata at 7:30 p.m.
At Section 3 Champion Lancaster Catholic:
- Lancaster Catholic vs Manheim Township at 4 p.m.
- Conestoga Valley vs Elizabethtown at 6 p.m.
And congratulations to Garden Spot, Section 2 Champion.
Semifinals are October 21st and Finals October 23rd.
Girls Volleyball Bracket
If you missed it, the 2019 Cross Country Championships were posted earlier: 2019 Cross Country Championships
Girls Soccer Semifinals
- Manheim Central 2, Cocalico 0
- Ephrata 1, Conestoga Valley 0
Boys Soccer Semifinals
- Manheim Township 1, Lampeter-Strasburg 0
- McCaskey 4, Warwick 3 (OT)
Field Hockey Quarterfinals
- Manheim Township 1, Manheim Central 0
- Penn Manor 4, Donegal 1
- Conestoga Valley 3, ELCO 0
- Lampeter-Strasburg 3, Northern Lebanon 2 (OT)
- Updated 2019 Field Hockey Bracket
It was a new set of winners all around at the 2019 Lancaster Lebanon League Cross Country Championships.
The girls ran first. Gwyneth Young of Cedar Crest made a statement for the Falcons, crossing the line first in 18:35.2. Elizabethtown answered, placing Katie Locker, Madeline Quinn and Sierra Kapcsos at 2, 5 and 6 respectively. But Hempfield’s top 5, claiming spots in positions 10 through 22 won the day. That is the Black Knights’ 13th LL Girls Cross Country Championship overall and the first since 2014.
Girls Cross Country Individual Results 2019
Girls Cross Country Team Results 2019
In the second race of the day Northern Lebanon’s Gage Krall broke the tape at 16:17.5. The team competition was settled early, with Hempfield and Cedar Crest both placing their 5 counters in the top 20 overall. Hempfield was denied the sweep by the Falcons as Cedar Crest’s top 5 were within the first 10 finishers scoring a paltry 36 points (credit to the Falcon’s depth: their two other runners were in the top 20!)
Boys Cross Country Individual Results 2019
Boys Cross Country Team Results 2019
Special thanks to Motion Timing for prompt results!
Click image to rotate
Click image to rotate.
There is a lot of league playoff action on the slate for this evening, but there is even more to come as Girls Volleyball quarterfinals go off on Friday, 10/18.
With regular season matches left to play, here is what is known:
- Hempfield has won Section 1 and will host matches on Friday night.
- Section 1 places two through 4 are still up in the air and will come down to the District 3 Power Ranking tiebreaker. Teams in contention for two remaining spots are Cedar Crest, Conestoga Valley and Manheim Township
- The Section 2 championship will be decided Wednesday night when top teams Garden Spot and Elizabethtown face off head to head.
- Ephrata will have the 3rd spot from Section 2.
- Section 3 gets two qualifiers and the section champion will host quarterfinals on Friday. Lancaster Catholic is in the driver’s seat: a win over Lancaster Mennonite in the regular season finale gives the Crusaders the section. If the Blazers win, and Octorara defeats Columbia a tiebreaker match is needed to decide the section champion. The tiebreaker match would be Thursday, 10/17 at 6 at Manheim Township if needed.
- Match times at the Section 1 and Section 3 champions are scheduled for 5:30 and 7:30 on Friday, 10/18.
- Should Lancaster Catholic win Section 3, they will host games at 4 and 6 p.m. rather than 5:30 and 7:30.
- Definitive sites, times and match-ups will be announced once the final section standings have been determined.
There was a lot of bonus soccer to be had in the 2019 LL League Soccer quarterfinals. Several games went in to overtime, and two went the full 100 minutes and needed to be settled on penalty kicks.
Girls Soccer Quarterfinal results:
- Cocalico 2, Hempfield 2; Cocalico advances on PKs 3-2
- Manheim Central 2, Lancaster Catholic 0
- Ephrata 2, Annville-Cleona 0
- Conestoga Valley 3, ELCO 1
Boys Soccer Quarterfinal results:
- Manheim Township 3, Lancaster Mennonite 1
- Lampeter-Strasburg 1, Pequea Valley 0 in OT
- McCaskey 3, Lancaster Catholic 0
- Warwick 1, Cocalico 1; Warwick advances on PKs 4-2
The semifinals are scheduled for Tuesday, 10/15. The girls will be at Manheim Central:
- Cocalico vs Manheim Central at 5:30 p.m.
- Ephrata vs Conestoga Valley at 7:30 p.m.
The boys will be at Conestoga Valley:
- Manheim Township vs Lampeter-Strasburg at 5:30 p.m.
- McCaskey vs Warwick at 7:30 p.m.
Soccer Brackets through quarterfinals
The Field Hockey regular season is in the books, section champions are:
- Section 1: Conestoga Valley and Penn Manor(Co-Champs)
- Section 2: Manheim Central
- Section 3: Northern Lebanon
The 2019 League Field Hockey tournament is set. Quarterfinals are Tuesday, October 15th.
- Manheim Central vs Manheim Township at 5 pm at Penn Manor
- Penn Manor vs Donegal at 7 pm at Penn Manor
- Northern Lebanon vs Lampeter-Strasburg at 5 pm at Donegal
- Conestoga Valley vs ELCO at 7 pm at Donegal
Semifinals are Thursday, October 17th at Hempfield. Game times are 6 and 8 pm.
The finals are Saturday, October 19th at 1 pm at Conestoga Valley.
2019 Field Hockey Bracket
Congratulations to the following section champs:
Section 1 – Hempfield
Section 2 – Ephrata
Section 3 – ELCO
Section 4 – Lancaster Catholic
Section 1 – Manheim Twp
Section 2 – JP McCaskey
Section 3 – Cocalico/Lancaster Mennonite (co-champs)
Section 4 – Pequea Valley
Boys quarterfinals are as follows and have not changed from what was posted previously:
- Manheim Township vs Lancaster Mennonite at Lancaster Catholic at 10 a.m.
- Pequea Valley vs Lampter-Strasburg at Lancaster Catholic at noon
- McCaskey vs Lancaster Catholic at Manheim Central at 10 a.m.
- Cocalico vs Warwick at Manheim Central at noon
Girls quarterfinals are:
- Hempfield vs Cocalico at Lampeter-Strasburg at 10 a.m.
- Lancaster Catholic vs Manheim Central at Lampeter-Strasburg at noon
- Ephrata vs Annville-Cleona at Cocalico at 10 a.m.
- ELCO vs Conestoga Valley at Cocalico at noon
These brackets reflect the girls updates, and also allow for possible changes in Tuesday’s semifinal locations.