The Fall League Playoff Season is in full swing with 12 quarterfinals being contested today.
In field hockey Lampeter-Strasburg was the lone visitor winner, as home teams ruled the day:
- Donegal 8, Warwick 3
- Penn Manor 3, Manheim Central 0
- Lampeter-Strasburg 2, Annville-Cleona 0
- Manheim Township 5, ELCO 1
The semifinals will be Tuesday, October 17th at Warwick. Lampeter-Strasburg vs. Manheim Township will be at 6 with the 2016 finals rematch of Donegal vs. Penn Manor being the second game to start at 8 pm.
Not to be outdone, boys soccer is in on the ‘a 2017 semifinal will be a 2016 finals rematch’ trend as Hempfield and Elizabethtown both won their quarterfinal matches:
- Hempfield 6, ELCO 0
- Elizabethtown 5, Lancaster Catholic 1
- Lancaster Mennonite 6, Manheim Township 1
- Ephrata 1, Warwick 0
Semifinals are Tuesday, October 17th, Hempfield vs. Etown semifinal will be at Conestoga Valley at 7:30, LMH vs. Ephrata will be at Manheim Central at 5:30.
Although there are no finals rematches in store for the girls soccer semifinals, there was plenty of excitement to be had as THREE of the four quarterfinals went to extra time:
- Conestoga Valley 1, Pequea Valley 0, 2OT
- Ephrata 1, Donegal 1, Ephrata advances 4-2 on penalty kicks
- Manheim Township 3, ELCO 2, OT
- Hempfield 2, Lampeter-Strasburg 1
Semifinals are also Tuesday, October 17th, Hempfield vs. Manheim Township at Conestoga Valley at 5:30, Conestoga Valley vs. Ephrata at Manheim Central at 7:30.