There is a lot of league playoff action on the slate for this evening, but there is even more to come as Girls Volleyball quarterfinals go off on Friday, 10/18.
With regular season matches left to play, here is what is known:
- Hempfield has won Section 1 and will host matches on Friday night.
- Section 1 places two through 4 are still up in the air and will come down to the District 3 Power Ranking tiebreaker. Teams in contention for two remaining spots are Cedar Crest, Conestoga Valley and Manheim Township
- The Section 2 championship will be decided Wednesday night when top teams Garden Spot and Elizabethtown face off head to head.
- Ephrata will have the 3rd spot from Section 2.
- Section 3 gets two qualifiers and the section champion will host quarterfinals on Friday. Lancaster Catholic is in the driver’s seat: a win over Lancaster Mennonite in the regular season finale gives the Crusaders the section. If the Blazers win, and Octorara defeats Columbia a tiebreaker match is needed to decide the section champion. The tiebreaker match would be Thursday, 10/17 at 6 at Manheim Township if needed.
- Match times at the Section 1 and Section 3 champions are scheduled for 5:30 and 7:30 on Friday, 10/18.
- Should Lancaster Catholic win Section 3, they will host games at 4 and 6 p.m. rather than 5:30 and 7:30.
- Definitive sites, times and match-ups will be announced once the final section standings have been determined.