The 2022 League post season for spring sports presented by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster is in full swing. Here’s the run down of results from this weekend’s action. Of historical note, Octorara was awarded their first ever LL League Section trophy as Boys Track and Field Section 3 Champion.
Boys Volleyball Semifinals
Hempfield 3, Lancaster Mennonite 0
Warwick 3, Garden Spot 1
Lampeter-Strasburg 15, Pequea Valley 4
Warwick 8, Northern Lebanon 5
Solanco 11, Annville-Cleona 1
Penn Manor 5, Manheim Central 1
Ephrata 11, Lancaster Catholic 1
Lampeter-Strasburg 12, Annville-Cleona 3
Warwick 10, Donegal 0
Manheim Township 2, Manheim Central 1
League Champion: McCaskey
- 4×800 m Relay: McCaskey
- 100 m Hurdles: Kelly Bryna (Garden Spot)
- 100 m Dash: Jianna Long (Ephrata)
- 1600 m Run: Milana Breuninger (McCaskey)
- 4×100 m Relay: McCaskey
- 400 m Dash: Jianna Long (Ephrata)
- 300 m Hurdles: Malea Stoner (Manheim Central)
- 800 m Run: Isabella Shertzer (McCaskey)
- 200 m Dash: Kamyah Wright (McCaskey)
- 3200 m Run: Milana Breuninger (McCaskey)
- 4×400 m Relay: McCaskey
- Long Jump: Madison Knier (Manheim Central)
- High Jump: Katie Becker (Warwick)
- Triple Jump: Madison Knier (Manheim Central)
- Pole Vault: Katie Urbine (Solanco)
- Shot Put: Laci Nelson (Manheim Central)
- Discus: Ella Lucas (Warwick)
- Javelin: Maggie Swarr (Lampeter-Strasburg)
League Champion: McCaskey
- 4×800 m Relay: Cedar Crest
- 110 m Hurdles: Travis Wilk (Manheim Township)
- 100 m Dash: Gabe Lewis (Cedar Crest)
- 1600 m Run: Aidan Hodge (Hempfield)
- 4×100 m Relay: Cedar Crest
- 400 m Dash: Darren Cammauf (Manheim Township)
- 300 m Hurdles: Travis Wilk (Manheim Township)
- 800 m Run: Jacob Smith (Warwick)
- 200 m Dash: Darren Cammauf (Manheim Township)
- 3200 m Run: Aidan Hodge (Hempfield)
- 4×400 m relay: Manheim Township
- Long Jump: Troy Johnson (McCaskey)
- High Jump: Noah Gunderson (Annville-Cleona)
- Triple Jump: Troy Johnson (McCaskey)
- Pole vault: Carlton Wise (Elizabethtown)
- Shot Put: Jaryd Kleinhaus (Penn Manor)
- Discus: John Stewart (McCaskey)
- Javelin: Matthew Remash (McCaskey)
Tennis and Lacrosse are in the books, but the busiest weekend of the spring playoff season is approaching as the Lancaster Lebanon League Championships presented by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster get underway in Track, Boys Volleyball, Baseball and Softball.
Hempfield at Warwick finish the season as co-champions of Section 1 in Boys Volleyball. By virtue of a better District 3 power rating Warwick has the honor of hosting the semifinals.
The LL League regular season for Lacrosse has concluded and the brackets for the Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster LL League Championships are set.
Semifinals will be on Tuesday, May 10th, finals Thursday, May 12th.
History was made and history repeated itself in the 2022 edition of the LL League Boys Tennis Championships presented by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster.
Lancaster Country Day claimed their first LL League team title in any sport since joining the league. The Cougars entered the tournament as Section 3 Champion and top seeded AA team.
In the flight tournament, Nile Abadir of Lancaster Country Day defended his 2021 Flight 1 AA Singles title. And just like 2021, he teamed up with Fred Bloom to win the Flight 1 AA Doubles title. On the AAA side, Freshman Cooper Lehman of Hempfield won Flight 1 Singles. Rocco Shkreli and Garrett Muraika of Cedar Crest combined to win Flight 1 Doubles.
2022 Boys Tennis Champions
Section 1 Champion: Cedar Crest
Section 2 Champion: Lampeter-Strasburg
Section 3 Champion: Lancaster Country Day
League Champion: Lancaster Country Day
Complete 2022 Team Tournament Bracket
2022 Flight Tournament Champions
- Flight 1 AAA Singles-Cooper Lehman, Hempfield
- Flight 1 AA Singles-Nile Abadir, Lancaster Country Day
- Flight 2 Singles-Carson Weigle, Lancaster Country Day
- Flight 3 Singles-Connor Zook, Cocalico
- Flight 4 Singles-Jack Nylveldt, Elizabethtown
- Flight 1 AAA Doubles-Shkreli & Muraika, Cedar Crest
- Flight 2 AA Doubles-Abadir & Bloom, Lancaster Country Day
- Flight 2 Doubles-Risser & Nylveldt, Elizabethtown
- Flight 3 Doubles-Taylor & Hager, Manheim Township
- Complete 2022 Flight Tournament Brackets
Congratulations to the Lancaster Country Day Boys Tennis Team, winners of the 2022 Boys Tennis LL League team tournament, presented by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster.
The Cougars entered the tournament as the top AA team in the LL, Cedar Crest the top AAA team. In a weather postponed finals, Lancaster Country Day came out on top 3-2:
Nile Abadir (LCD) def Rocco Shkrelie (CC) (6-0, 6-0)
Fred Bloom (LCD) def Viseth Meng (CC) (6-0, 6-1)
Carson Weigle (LCD) def Garrett Muraika (CC) (6-2, 6-2)
Jozef Shkrelie & Sam Malay (CC) def Gonzalo Diez Villarino & Aryan Kalidindi (LCD) (6-3, 6-4)
Micah Zeisloft & Ben Sheffield (CC) def Chandler King & Christian Hoin (LCD) (6-3, 6-4)
It is an historic win for the Cougars as this marks the first LL Championship since Lancaster Country Day entered the league. The girls lacrosse team has made the league finals, and there have been several section championships, but this is the first big trophy for the display case.
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster is proud to be the presenting sponsor of the LL League. OAL and the LL League have partnered to offer $800 in scholarship funds to senior high school students at LL Schools.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants should
- Be a senior in a secondary school located in Lancaster or Lebanon Counties.
- Have established an overall minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (based on a maximum of 4.0) or its equivalent by the time of application.
- Acceptance to a higher education institution to include but not limited to college, university, or trade school, to continue their education in a selected field of study.
- Have established his/her intention to continue academic work to a secondary degree as a full-time student.
- Be active as either an athlete and/or support staff of a team to include but not limit to athletic training student aide, equipment manager, high school student manager of a team, etc.
- Have accumulated a minimum of 200 hours of community service which is demonstrated as one of Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster’s core values of service to the community.
Applications are due May 1, 2022
2022 OAL-LL League Scholarship Application
Last week at halftime of the Boys Basketball LL League Championship game the League inducted four more members in to the Lancaster Lebanon League Hall of Fame.
George Derbyshire, Manheim Central Athletic Director
Terry Engleman, Track and Field Coach (Ephrata) and Official
Patti Hower, Lebanon Catholic Girls Basketball Coach
R. Thomas Knorr, Coach, Trainer and Athletic Director
Lots going on in the LL League Championships presented by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster this week.
But first, some results from this weekend:
2022 Rifle Champions
Dual Meet Champion-Elizabethtown
League Tournament Champion-Elizabethtown
Individual Champion Rachel Broomell, Elizabethtown, 200 with 4 Centers
2022 Girls Swimming Champions
Section 1 Champion-Warwick
Section 2 Champion-Ephrata
- 200 Medley Relay, Warwick
- 200 Freestyle, Ava Knopsnyder (Ephrata)
- 100 Individual Medley, Kayla Parry (Garden Spot)
- 50 Freestyle, Zara Paisley (Lampeter-Strasburg)
- 100 Butterfly, Kayla Parry (Garden Spot)
- 200 Freestyle Relay, Warwick
- 100 Freestyle, Addie Scott (Solanco)
- 500 Freestyle, Ava Knopsnyder (Ephrata)
- 100 Backstroke, Addie Scott (Solanco)
- 100 Breaststroke, Ella Root (Hempfield)
- 400 Freestyle Relay, Warwick
- 2022 Complete Results
2022 Boys Swimming Champions
Section 1 Champion-Manheim Township
Section 2 Champion-Ephrata
- 200 Medley Relay, Manheim Township
- 200 Freestyle, Ethan Shonk (Donegal)
- 200 Individual Medley, Logan Smith (Cedar Crest)
- 50 Freestyle, Carlos Hidalgo (Lebanon)
- 100 Butterfly, Henry Gingrich (Manheim Township)
- 200 Freestyle Relay, Manheim Township
- 100 Freestyle, Henry Gingrich (Manheim Township)
- 500 Freestyle, Ethan Lloyd (Ephrata)
- 100 Backstroke, Ethan Shonk (Donegal)
- 100 Breaststroke, Logan Smith (Cedar Crest)
- 400 Freestyle Relay, Manheim Township
- 2022 Complete Results
Looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day date? Boys Basketball Quarterfinals are always romantic.
The girls semifinals will be Tuesday
Bowling gets underway Wednesday
The 2022 edition of the Lancaster Lebanon League Basketball Championships presented by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster and Sponsored by Fulton Bank get under way with the girls first round games on Thursday, February 10th.
First Round Games
Thursday 2/10 Girls
ELCO (Away) vs. Ephrata (Home) @ Warwick 5:30 PM
Pequea Valley (Away) vs. Lampeter-Strasburg (Home) @ Warwick 7:00 PM
Friday 2/11 Boys
Octorara (Away) vs. Lebanon (Home) @ CV 5:30 PM
Lancaster Mennonite (Away) vs. Manheim Central (Home) @ CV 7:00 PM
Saturday 2/12 Girls
Lebanon (2-1) @ Columbia (5-1) 1:00 PM
LS/PV Winner @ Penn Manor 7:00 PM
Ephrata/ELCO Winner @ Manheim Central (3-1) TBA
Hempfield (1-2) @ Lancaster Catholic (4-1) 7:00 PM
Monday 2/14 Boys
MC/LMHS Winner @ Manheim Township (1-1) 7:00 PM
Lebanon/Octorara Winner @ Lampeter Strasburg (3-1) 7:00 PM
Columbia (5-1) @ Warwick (2-1) 7:00 PM
Hempfield (1-2) @ ELCO (4-1) 7:00 PM
After a year off the de facto Junior High Wrestling Championships for the league were back as the Elizabethtown Optimist Club hosted their annual wrestling tournament. For the first time the club was pleased to welcome the Junior High team from Octorara!
Conestoga Valley came away with the team championship, led by Outstanding Wrestler (as voted by the coaches) Caden Yanarella.
Weight Class champions were:
- 80 Sean Morely, Conestoga Valley
- 87 Nick Horton, Conestoga Valley
- 94 Sam Wolford, Northern Lebanon
- 101 Caden Yanarella, Conestoga Valley
- 108 Andrew Messner, Cocalico
- 115 Keith Messner, Cocalico
- 122 Klint Miller, ELCO
- 130 Cole Byler, Pequea Valley
- 138 Ivan Kreider, Annville-Cleona
- 145 Sam Bechtel, ELCO
- 155 Caidyn Leaf, Donegal
- 170 Dan Viselli, Donegal
- 190 Noah Templin, Manheim Central
- 210 Alexzear Soto, Manheim Township
- 250 Camden Zoll, Conestoga Valley
Final Team Standings