Here is the last bracket of the 2018-2019 academic year. Everyone’s patience is appreciated as the tie atop Section 4 needed to be broken.
Quarterfinals, Saturday May 11th:
- Section 2 Champion Lampeter-Strasburg vs Section 3 Runner-Up Northern Lebanon at 11 am at Pequea Valley
- Section 1 Champion Warwick vs Section 4 Runner-Up Pequea Valley at 1 pm at Pequea Valley (Warwick will be the home team)
- Section 3 Champion Donegal vs Section 2 Runner-Up Elizabethtown at 11 am at Manor Middle School (Penn Manor)
- Section 4 Champion Lancaster Catholic vs Section 1 Runner-Up Penn Manor at Manor Middle School at 1 pm (Lancaster Catholic will be the home team)
Semifinals Monday, May 13th at Millersville University
Finals Wednesday, May 15th at Millersville University
Those section tiebreakers really throw a wrench in to playoff planning. But, the Boys Volleyball playoffs are now set.
- Section 1 Champion Warwick hosts Elizabethtown Friday, May 10th at 7 pm
- Section 2 Champion Manheim Central hosts Conestoga Valley Friday, May 10th at 6 pm
- Hempfield plays Cocalico Friday, May 10th at 7:30 pm at Manheim Central
- Penn Manor plays Lancaster Mennonite MONDAY MAY 13th at Manheim Central at 4 pm. This will precede the semifinals.
Monday, May 13th at Manheim Central, match times 6 and 7:30 pm
Wednesday, May 15th at Manheim Township at 7:30 pm
Boys Volleyball Bracket
This is the preliminary seed sheet for this weekend’s track and field championships, hosted by Hempfield. These sheets are subject to change. Check out www.macfat.com for updated seed sheets, and results throughout the meet.
Preliminary Seed Sheets
Events get underway at 4:00 on Friday, 10:00 am on Saturday. As always during the second week in May, weather may be a factor. Keep an eye on @lanclebleague and @warwickwarriors (home of LL League Track chairperson Ryan Landis) for all the latest updates.
Congratulations to the 2019 LL League Lacrosse Champions!
In the first game of the Hempfield vs Manheim Township double header, Hempfield’s boys lacrosse team beat their top rival 18-11.
In game 2, the score was similar, but the teams were flipped. Manheim Township’s girls won the league championship by a score of 17-11.
A pair of section tiebreaker games were also held today. Lancaster Catholic came out on top in Section 4 Softball, 4-3 over Pequea Valley. In Boys Volleyball Warwick knocked off perennial power Hempfield for the Section 1 championship, 19-25, 25-19, 25-21, 18-25, 15-11.
Not quite yet. Quarterfinal details for the 2019 LL League Softball Championship are still up in the air. Here’s what is known for certain.
- Quarterfinals are Saturday, May 11th. Game times are 11 AM and 1 PM. Double headers will be played at Pequea Valley and Penn Manor
- Semifinals are Monday, May 13th at 5:30 pm and 7 pm at Millersville University
- Finals are Wednesday, May 15th at 7 pm at Millersville University
- The hang up on quarterfinals is the tie atop Section 4. Lancaster Catholic and Pequea Valley need to play a tiebreaker game to decide the section champion, then the rest of the dominoes fall in to place for quarterfinal site and time assignments.
The LL League Lacrosse finals will be a boys-girls double header. The games are at Warwick, on Thursday, May 9th. Boys are first at 5 pm. Familiar foes take the field as Hempfield looks to knock off defending champion Manheim Township. Hempfield won their semifinal 13-9, the Blue Streaks were 16-2 winners.
This is going to read like deja vu all over again, but it isn’t. The girls finals will follow the boys (no earlier than 7pm) and will be Hempfield vs. Manheim Township. Hempfield won their semifinal 13-10, Manheim Township 14-4.
With one more day of regular season play scheduled, the 2019 League Baseball playoffs are just about set. Quarterfinals are Saturday, May 11th; Semifinals Tuesday, May 14th; Finals Thursday, May 16th all at Ephrata’s War Memorial Stadium.
Quarterfinal match ups (Section Champions are the home team):
- 10 AM: Section 1 Champion Hempfield vs Section 4 Runner-Up Annville-Cleona
- 1 PM: Section 3 Champion Manheim Central vs Section 2 Runner-Up Solanco
- 4 PM: Section 4 Champion Lancaster Catholic vs Section 1 Runner-Up Warwick
- 7 PM: Section 2 Champion Lampeter-Strasburg vs Section 3 Runner-Up Donegal or Octorara
The scenario for the Section 3 Runner-Up spot is as follows:
Octorara beats Manheim Central on Wednesday, they are in as the Runner-Up.
Donegal beats ELCO on Wednesday AND Manheim Central beats Octorara, Donegal is in the league playoffs.
2019 Baseball Bracket
The first full week of May is a great time to be a high school sports fan in the LL. Boys and Girls Lacrosse, Boys Volleyball, Baseball, Softball and Track & Field all get their post seasons going.
Below is the schedule for the track & field championships, being held Friday, May 10th and Saturday, May 11th at Hempfield. All times are approximate; events on the track will be run in order and will start as soon as the previous race has concluded. Events on the track will not be held for their scheduled start time.
All track events are girls first, then boys
- Friday, May 10th
- 4:00 100 meter dash trials
- 4:30 100/110 meter hurdle trials
- 5:00 200 meter dash trials
- 5:30 3200 m run finals
- Friday Field Events
- Boys Javelin
- Girls Discus
- Girls Triple Jump
- Boys High Jump
- Girls Pole Vault
- Boys Long Jump
- Saturday, May 11th
- 10:00 3200 meter relay finals
- 10:45 100/110 meter hurdle finals
- 11:00 100 meter dash finals
- 11:10 1600 meter run finals
- noon 400 meter relay finals
- 12:30 400 meter dash finals (this event will be held until 12:30 to coincide with the switch in field events and rearrangement of officials)
- 1:00 300 meter hurdle finals
- 1:30 800 meter run finals
- 2:00 200 meter dash finals
- 2:15 1600 meter relay finals
- Saturday Field Events, 10:00
- Boys Shot Put
- Girls Javelin
- Girls High Jump
- Boys Pole Vault
- Saturday Field Events, 12:30
- Boys Discus
- Girls Shot Put
- Boys Triple Jump
- Girls Long Jump
The Lancaster-Lebanon League is proud to announce the Class of 2019 A. Landis Brackbill Nominees and Award Winners.
This year’s female award winner is Ryelle Shuey of ELCO. She was on the Soccer, Basketball, and Track & Field teams, earning 10 varsity letters. She will be attending Lehigh University.
This year’s male award winner is Connor Shields of Warwick. Connor was on the Cross Country, Indoor Track & Field, and Outdoor Track & Field teams, earning 9 varsity letters. He will be attending The University of Notre Dame.
To be eligible nominees must have a minimum of a 3.5 GPA and be participating in two or more varsity sports during their senior year. The award is presented by the Brackbill family in honor of their father. The Manheim Touchdown Club awards a scholarship to each of the Brackbill award winners. The Brackbill Committee is autonomous and has no relationship to the Manheim Touchdown Club.
Each school is permitted to 2 nominations for the award. This year’s nominees are:
|Annville-Cleona||Katie Shaak||Ethan Fortuna|
|Cedar Cres||Hannah Shirey||Jake Barrettt|
|Cocalico||Daniel Harrington||Joshua Hoover|
|Columbia||Meghan Braas||Melanie Rodriguez|
|Conestoga Valley||Nathan Grucelski||Robert Krasinski|
|Donegal||Cheyenne Livelsberger||Zion Gibbs|
|ELCO||Abbie Keath||Ryelle Shuey|
|Elizabethtown||Nathaniel McCloud||Julee Wells|
|Ephrata||Brooke Ludwig||Tanyon Loose|
|Garden Spot||Megan Esh||Caiden Witmer|
|Hempfield||Chase Mathias||Ty Vaughn|
|Lampeter-Strasburg||Brittney Zameroski||Earl Patrick Holmes|
|Lancaster Catholic||Sebastian Klemmer||Ben Ryan|
|Lancaster Country Day||McKayla Forman||Luke Walling|
|Lancaster Mennonite||Chloe King||Benjamin Lefever|
|Lebanon||Mikayla Bowman||Dallin Ocasio|
|Manheim Central||Marianne Fitzkee||Mason Nissley|
|Manheim Township||Lucy Svetec||Charles Gingrich|
|McCaskey||Nicté Machado-Aco||Erik Juengling|
|Northern Lebanon||Carrie Shuey||Jacob Beidler|
|Octorara||Emily Dyer||Robert Koennecker|
|Penn Manor||Joshua Heckman||Ryan Glenn|
|Pequea Valley||Gabriel Miller|
|Solanco||David Harvey||Connor Shields|
See the full list of all Brackbill Award winners.
2019 saw two new champions atop the Flight 1 brackets in Boys Tennis. Dylan Tull of Cedar Crest bested teammate and defending champion Jackson Muraika in AAA. In AA, history was made as Lancaster Country Day’s Jonah Rebert won the Cougars their first Lancaster-Lebanon League Championship in this their first year as members of the league.
On the doubles side, Jackson and Muraika paired to win the AAA Flight 1 Doubles Championship. Rebert paired with Geroge Markley to win more gold for Lancaster Country Day.
- Flight 2 Singles: Ross Conway, Lancaster Catholic
- Flight 3 Singles: Jacob Digman, Cocalico
- Flight 4 Singles: Alexander Cooke, Hempfield
- Flight 2 Doubles: Conway/Durrett, Lancaster Catholic
- Flight 3 Doubles: Brightbill/Hilty, Cedar Crest
2019 Flight Tournament Brackets